Dusto Meyeder Nirapod Ashram o Punarbashion Kendra (DMNAPK)/ Safe Home and Rehabilitation Center for Destitute Girls (” The Safe home”)
DMNAPK (Safe home), located in Masterbari, Gazipur this houses about 50 destitute girls, many of whom are orphans between the ages of 5 and 18. In addition to regular education, the girls at the safe home are trained in computer skills, cooking, cleaning, making clothes and in the health care field in an on-site Free Medical Clinic. Since 2003, NABIC has contributed $186K for the project.
- A resident of 52 girls aged between 5-18 years, already committed to expanding the building to accommodate another 100 girls.
- NABIC provides $50/month to sponsor a girl.
- NABIC has established a computer literacy center in 2018.
- 2 days/week family health clinic where free medical care is provided to approx. 60 patients (Children and adults) per day
- Cost per visit ~ $3.
- The plan is being made to organize Periodic Eye camp at the center