NABIC CENTER FOR HUMANITY (NCH)
NABIC’s NCH project is designed to uplift the condition of our communities in the USA and Bangladesh in a holistic manner by providing services embodied by REACH — a comprehensive turn-key program in five areas.
R: Relief and Rehabilitation — Zakat, food, and clothes
E: Education — computer training, scholarships, public health
A: Alleviation of Poverty — financial aid, vocational training (such as tailoring, mobile phone repair, and livestock & agriculture)
C: Community Building (a possible anchor program in the USA)
H: Health Care (the anchor program in both Bangladesh & the USA)
NABIC would like to encourage and help its patrons to start a project in an area of need where there is interest and support from locals in Bangladesh and the USA.
The project can be implemented in an existing orphanage or charitable clinic, or start from scratch and gradually incorporate programs like computer literacy, income-generating activities, and emergency relief.
NABIC will help start such a project with up to 50% of matching funds; cost will be determined based on the total project scope. NABIC will provide the necessary expertise and funds to operate the center for a short period (3 to 5 years) and/or long term (5 to 10 years) based on the project evaluation, funds, and resource availability.
The types of programs will depend on local needs, available expertise, and interest of both the sponsor and the community.
Idris Chemon Clinic, Chapur, Brahmanbaria
- 500 sq feet to start with
- Provides care to both adults and children, serving 65 to 70 patients per day, 2 days a week
- Includes ob-gyn resources, an eye camp, and midwifery training
- Operational costs of $15k per year for 2 days a week
- Construction costs of $18 per sq foot (approx. $10K if there is no existing structure)
- Cost of $3 to $5 per patient visit
- Vocational training cost over 1 to 3 months of average $130 per person with an earning potential of approximately $165 per month
Dusto Meyeder Nirapod Ashram o Punarbashion Kendra (DMNAPK)/Safe Home for Girls, Masterbari, Gazipur
- Residency for 52 girls aged 5 to 18 years, and committed to expanding the building to accommodate another 100 girls
- NABIC provides $50 per month to sponsor a girl
- NABIC established a computer literacy center in 2018
- A family health clinic next door provides free medical care to approx. 60 patients a day, 2 days per week
- Cost of approx. $3 per patient visit
- A periodic eye camp is being planned for the center
- More vocational training programs are being planned according to the needs of the community
Hagerstown Community for Humanity, Hagerstown, MD
- Provides food, clothes, personal care, feminine hygiene products for homeless community members, as well as financial help and medical care for those in need
- Works with people of different faiths and ethnicities
- Makes presentations in community forums on health topics
- Space can be provided by a local charity, church or hospital resulting in no rent or utility costs
- The estimated budget of $20k for 2019; overhead in 2018 was <1%
- Women are encouraged to take the lead in programming, and students are able to receive community service hours
How to Start Your Project
- Visit OurHCH.org and Nabic.org
- Contact Executive Director Fazle E. Chowdhury at 901-233-0645 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review a written report after a site visit and needs assessment, free of cost by a partner NGO in Bangladesh.
- NABIC will connect you with reputable builders in Bangladesh if no physical structure is in existence to start the program.
- NABIC will provide matching funds based on the scope of the project and fund availability.
- NABIC will provide guidance about leases and other documents free of cost.
- NABIC will arrange for a trusted NGO with the expertise to manage the project at a very low cost.
- You may donate money through NABIC to receive a tax break.
- The medical clinic will cost approximately $15K for 2 days per week.
- The construction cost of $18 per sq foot (approx. $10k to 15k if there is no existing structure).
Note: NABIC won’t provide any construction cost on an individual or family-owned property.